Plan ahead for Evacuation in the Event of a Storm for You and Your Pets in Greater Boulder
SERVPRO of Greater Boulder has these tips for people with disabilities in our community during an evacuation
During times of flooding, you may want to consider
- packing a bag to have ready in case the worst happens
- plan for backup transportation even if you have your own car because the storm or flood may damage your car
Ask your healthcare provider to suggest what specific devices you might need if you need to evacuate due to an emergency:
- Where can I get medical supplies?
- How do I get accessible transportation?
- If medical help is needed, where would I go?
- Does this facility have a disability ramp access (if needed)
Items to bring with you:
- Written list for emergency contacts
- List of all medications, dosages, and allergies
- Style & serial number of medical devices
- Supply of medical equipment
- Extra battery for a powered wheelchair
- Any cushions or padding
- Wheelchairs, canes, braces, etc.
- Medical bracelets with pertinent info for first responders/helpers
- Medical insurance cards
- List and/or supply of prescription medications
Our service animals are also affected by storm damage. For people who have service animals in Boulder or Boulder county, please consider:
- Packing extra food, water, & other supplies for your service animal
- Tell emergency responders that your service animal travels with you
- Shelters and other buildings may or may not refuse entry to a service animal