Most Common Fires and Ways to Prevent Them in Boulder, CO
House or business fires endanger those around them and can cause thousands of dollars in fire and smoke damage. Fortunately, the most common causes of fires can be avoided by simple measures to avoid damaging your home.
The majority of fires in the kitchen happen when food is left unattended. Don’t walk away from food especially when using grease or oil. Also, make sure that any portable appliances like toasters are cooled down before they get stowed away.
Move any curtains or other combustible fabrics away from portable space heaters and never leave the house with them running.
Have a professional electrician come over to check wiring in your home and make sure that it isn’t outdated or damaged in any way. Also refrain from performing electrical repairs unless you have extensive experience.
If you smoke, it’s a good idea to only do so outside and to make sure that a cigarette butt is fully put out before it gets thrown away so that it doesn’t spark a fire inside your house.
Remember to always put candles out before you leave home. Make sure to also keep candles out of reach of children or pets who may knock them over and away from flammable materials.
If your house is damaged by a fire, SERVPRO of Greater Boulder can help with mitigation and dealing with any odor or smoke clean up.
Reach out if you need assistance with fire damage at (303)494-2000.