Recent Water Damage Posts
Staying Healthy Amidst Water Damage and Standing Water in Ara
SERVPRO of Greater Boulder wants you to be safe when dealing with standing water in Ara.
Standing water of any kind in Ara can be a powerful source of disease. Floods can be worse due to the amount of water involved. Even small puddles can pose a risk. If you find yourself dealing with any type of water damage, feel free to contact SERVPRO of Greater Boulder and we will be there to make your disaster “Like it never even happened.”
Different kinds of debris can be found in flood water such as dead animals, rotted plants, and sewage, to name a few. If you have water damage inside your home, watch for fragments in the home as well to include rotted food and electrical problems.
Viruses and bacteria can cause illnesses. To reduce your chances of catching something, SERVPRO® of Greater Boulder suggests:
- Washing dirty clothes and towels in hot water. Use bleach if possible
- Remember that you can shake hands with an infected person and get infected.
- Do not allow children to play in the flood water
- Wash children’s hands before meals
- Disinfect toys before letting children play with them
- Use bleach or other disinfectants on hard surfaces
- Keep your hands washed
Cuts and rashes can become infected. Protect yourself and others in Ara:
- Avoid flood waters if you have an open rash or a cut
- Clean cuts or rashes. Cover them with a waterproof bandage
- Clean cuts with soap and clean water
- If a cut becomes red, swollen, or is oozing, get medical attention
SERVPRO of Greater Boulder is independently owned and operated.
How to Get Flood Insurance in Devil’s Thumb
Don’t be caught off-guard if you experience a flood. Know your flood insurance coverage.
SERVPRO of Greater Boulder knows that most property insurance does not cover flood damage.
While the rules for insurance vary by state, flood insurance is an exception. Most insurance rates vary by company.
Some homeowners’ policies will cover water damage if the damage comes from:
- Sudden & accidental damage from plumbing, heating systems, or air conditioning
- Sewer or drain backup
The policy might also cover mold remediation, but not if a flood caused the problem.
SERVPRO of Greater Boulder shares how to get flood insurance in Devil’s Thumb:
- Check whether your community participates in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). You can still get flood insurance if you live in a low-risk area. The insurance will cost less if you live in a low-risk area.
- Find an insurance agent in Devil’s Thumb. The NFIP is the only flood-insurance provider, but the government does not sell it. Buy the insurance through an insurance agent. The NFIP sets the rates.
- If your insurance agent doesn’t know about the NFIP, call the help center at 1-800-427-4661
Tips for Standing Water in Boulder
Stay safe when flood waters are present.
Did you know that flood water can take up to eleven days to disappear in Boulder? A flood doesn’t end just because the storm ends. All of the standing water still has to be dealt with.
SERVPRO of Greater Boulder suggests that if you have to evacuate your office to not go back until you have been told it is safe.
Be careful driving in Boulder. Remember to “Go around. Don’t Drown!” The water may still be too deep for safe travel.
Floods are not natural swimming pools
- Sewage, debris, and other unpleasant things can be in the storm water leftovers
- Swimming, wading, or rafting can make you sick
- Don’t drink the water
- Water conducts electricity. Underground power lines can give you a dangerous shock
Flood waters vs. Animals in Boulder:
- Snakes and other animals may get into your building. Wear work boots and heavy gloves when you clean up
- Some animals might find your office a cozy place to live
- If tap water is unsafe for you to drink, it is unsafe for your pets
Possible Causes for Water Damage in Devil’s Thumb
SERVPRO is ready when the unfortunate happens!
SERVPRO of Greater Boulder understands the different causes & categories of water damage in Devil’s Thumb:
An old poem has the line, “water, water, everywhere”. When you need to say this in your home or office, you know there is trouble. You may very likely be looking at water damage. There are several different possible causes of water damage in Devil’s Thumb.
Causes can include:
- Leaky dishwashers or washing machines
- Clogged pipes
- Leaking roofs
- Broken toilet pipes
- Heavy rain
- Snow or ice
The amount of water damage depends on the amount of water and on the cause of the damage.
SERVPRO of Greater Boulder knows it is imperative to start the cleanup process as soon as possible. The longer your home or business is waterlogged, the more damage you will see (and the more expensive it will be to repair after cleanup has been completed).
Categories of Water Damage in Devil’s Thumb:
- Clean water. It might come from an overflowing sink or a broken appliance. The water does not pose a threat to people. Keep in mind that any water will become contaminated after it stops flowing.
- Gray water. This water is contaminated from the get-go. It comes from broken toilets or sump pumps. It might not look dirty, or it might be brown.
- Black water. Like gray water, it might not look dirty. One major source of black water is broken sewage pipes. Another source is any water that has been standing still.
Boulder 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Greater Boulder provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Boulder
SERVPRO of Greater Boulder is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 303-494-2000
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Greater Boulder has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Greater Boulder
SERVPRO of Greater Boulder specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- SRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- OSHA - 30-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- OSHA - 10-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- IICRC Certified Firm