Commercial Building Need Cleaning?
Collaboration is what it's all about.
Does your Boulder area commercial facility need a cleaning?
Has it been affected by a water loss from a frozen pipe bursting? Fire damage? Storm damage? Do you see mold growing?? Is your building older and are you concerned about asbestos?
SERVPRO of Greater Boulder can handle ALL of these types of situations in commercial buildings. It’s what we do; what we specialize in complete restoration. SERVPRO of Greater Boulder will make your space look “Like it never even happened.” Not only are we equipped to mitigate, decontaminate and restore, we also have a full construction division which allows us to do a complete “put back” and, should you ever be interested, a full remodel.
Call us whenever your commercial establishment experiences any kind of emergency loss, needs a deep clean or when you're sitting back observing a need for a facelift. We’ll take good care of you! Read this post from our friends at A Precious Child:
Restoration, Reconstruction and Environmental Partnership with Government Entities
Colorado Special Districts Property and Liability Pool
SERVPRO of Greater Boulder is proud to be a part of the Colorado Special Districts Property and Liability Pool.
(The Colorado Special Districts Property & Liability Pool [the “Pool”] offers the broadest Liability, Property and Workers’ Compensation available to Colorado special districts per their site).
We are enthusiastic to continue to provide excellent service and performance for their restoration needs which include:
- Fire Damage
- Water Damage
- Mold Damage
- Sewer Damage
- Asbestos Abatement
- Meth Decontamination
SERVPRO of Greater Boulder has provided services for each one of these restoration needs for the last three years and looks forward to building on our current relationship with them. Thank you Colorado Special Districts Property and Liability Pool for your unwavering support!
Please check out the following post from their website to learn more about our services.
All Kinds of Storms Can Bring Water Damage
We Clean Up All Kinds of Water Damage
All Kinds of Storms Bring Water Damage
No matter the season, summer, winter, spring or fall, we can get storms here in Colorado. Water damage in your home or office can come from a window leaking, roof damage or frozen pipes bursting.
Water damage, if left unmitigated, can become a costly repair as the water can seep into drywall and the framing where you can’t see behind the walls. Our SERVPRO of Greater Boulder team wants the residents of Boulder County to know that we have years of training and experience dealing with water damage and are always here to help should you need us!
Specialized Dehumidification and Drying Equipment
After the water has been extracted and removed from the damaged area, we will begin the drying and dehumidification process. We use specialized equipment and industrial-grade dehumidifiers to help prevent further damage such as swelling and warping of floors, walls and furniture. Using room measurements, temperature and relative humidity readings, we will determine the type of equipment to use and will track the drying process using specialized monitoring equipment.
Call Us Today
We hope you don’t, but when you have a water damage emergency in your home or business, SERVPRO® of Greater Boulder wants to and can help! Our team is specialized and trained to provide the highest level of water damage cleanup and restoration. Call us today at 303-494-2000. We’ll clean and restore your home or business in Boulder and make it “Like it never even happened.”
Most Homeowners Insurance Does Not Cover Flood Damage
Some Flooding Insurance Will Cover, Some Flooding It Won't; How Do You Know?
Did you know that most homeowners insurance does not cover flood damage? Fema.gov is a very helpful resource that reminds us: “Flood insurance is a separate policy that can cover buildings, the contents in a building, or both, so it is important to protect your most important financial assets — your home, your business, your possessions.”
Rules for insurance do vary from state to state, however, flood insurance is the exception.
Some policies will cover water damage if the damage comes from:
- Sudden & accidental damage from plumbing, heating systems, or air conditioning
- Sewer or drain backup
We at SERVPRO of Greater Boulder would like to share how to get flood insurance in Boulder County:
- Check whether your community participates in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Something especially important to consider if you have a home or business that was just affected by the Colorado wildfires. The loosened soil makes your property more vulnerable to flash flooding and mudslides.
- Find an insurance agent in the city of Boulder or surrounding cities in the county. The NFIP sets the rates, but doesn’t actually sell the insurance; you’ll have to go through an agent to do that.
East Troublesome Fire Ravages Grand Lake, CO Community
Charred tree decorated to help restore hope
2020 has been...well, let’s say, a year to certainly remember.
Apart from the obvious atrocities and devastations we’ve experienced with COVID, there have been widespread natural disasters: a severe derecho in Iowa, a record number of hurricanes in the United States South and Southeast and wildfires in California, Oregon and in our beloved home state of Colorado.
Our team has recently been hard at work helping Grand Lake, Colorado to recover after the East Troublesome fire ravaged through their community. We’ve been mostly helping with smoke mitigation, however, something that makes SERVPRO of Greater Boulder unique is that we also have a construction division, giving us the capacity to additionally bid out complete rebuilds.
This photo is poignant because it shows a charred little tree decorated with ornaments to help bring hope to the community that so desperately needs it. We’re glad that we can in some small way help to restore hope as well.
Do You Understand the Basics of Using a Fire Extinguisher?
Fire Extinguisher Know-How
Hopefully, we all have easy access to a fire extinguisher in our home or place of business. The question is, do you know how to use one and on what types of fires?
A fire-extinguisher can certainly be very helpful in preventing fire and smoke damage from spreading throughout your home or office in the City and County of Boulder. If the worst happens, remember that SERVPRO of Greater Boulder has caring experts to help you in cleaning up damage left from a fire.
OSHA has some helpful training tips (see below). If you have any doubts or concerns at all, leave the premises and 911 once you are outside.
SERVPRO of Greater Boulder wants you to know that you can try to fight a small fire only if and only if:
- You have the right class of fire extinguisher
- You know how to use the fire extinguisher
- You can get to the fire extinguisher quickly. Fire is fast. Fire damage and smoke damage are less painful than injuries to you or others.
Types of Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Class A fire extinguishers should be used to put out fires involving cardboard, paper, wood, dried vegetation.
- Class B fire extinguishers should be used to put out fires involving flammable and combustible liquids, such as gasoline, diesel, oil, and oil-based paints, and many solvents.
- Class C fire extinguishers are suitable for use to extinguish fires that involve appliances, tools, or other equipment that is plugged in or otherwise electrically energized, as well as for fires burning in close proximity to electrically-energized equipment.
- Class D fire extinguishers are designed for use to extinguish combustible metals, such as magnesium or sodium, and are often designed for the specific type of combustible metal. This does NOT include ordinary carbon steel, only metals that will burn when ignited.
- Class K fire extinguishers are designed to be used for putting out fires that involve oils and greases used for cooking in kitchens, such as vegetable and animal-based oils and fat.
Is Your Home Storm Ready?
Winter is coming! Are you ready?
Is Your Home Storm Ready?
No matter what season, it’s smart to consider storm-proofing your home. Here are some tips to help you ensure that you are prepared from SERVPRO of Greater Boulder:
- Protect your property
- Are your trees and shrubs (especially close to your home) trimmed?
- Are your gutters clear of debris?
- Test that your sump pump is working properly.
- Be sure to report dangerous conditions surrounding your home
- Contact your local utility company to report any and all downed power lines, trees, or any flooding or ponding
- Have an emergency kit readily available and consider adding to it the following:
- Non perishable food and water
- Flashlights and batteries
- First Aid Kit
- Charged portable charger for cell phone use
In the event that a storm causes any kind of loss in your home, contact us for help!
SERVPRO of Greater Boulder (303)494-2000.
SERVPRO Ready Plan App
Download the SERVPRO Ready Plan App Today
Have you heard that SERVPRO offers a *FREE* Emergency Ready Plan App??
You can download it from the iTunes store today!! This SERVPRO Ready Plan “allows for the creation of an emergency ready profile containing critical property information to help speed up response time after fire or water damage.”
We are sure that whether you are running a business or a household you have a million different decisions to make daily. This SERVPRO Ready Plan App will help make your life a bit easier by walking you through creating a plan of action if you ever were to have an emergency disaster situation on your business or personal property.
It's crucial to be prepared and have a plan for your business or home *before* an emergency occurs so that everyone knows what to do if a disaster were to happen. When water is pouring through the ceiling into your workspace you don't have time to check references or read online reviews of a particular restoration company which is why we strongly encourage you to download this app.
Remember, SERVPRO of Greater Boulder is ready and here to help make any disaster "Like it never even happened." 24/7/365.
SERVPRO of Greater Boulder (303)494-2000.
Water Loss in Nederland
Water damage as a result of a hard freeze.
We, at SERVPRO of Greater Boulder, are available 24/7/365 for all of your water emergencies, whether large or small. When water damage occurs, immediate action is critical. Even a small delay can greatly increase the gravity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Us Today! (303)494-2000.
With freezing temperatures upon us, the likelihood of a water loss in your home or property greatly increases. When/if you experience any water damage, we will make sure to help guide you through it. SERVPRO of Greater Boulder has specific water damage training and years of experience. Water damage restoration is one of our specialties—in fact, it's the keystone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO professionals may be needed.
We will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Greater Boulder
SERVPRO of Greater Boulder specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- SRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- OSHA - 30-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- OSHA - 10-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- IICRC Certified Firm
Choose SERVPRO of Greater Boulder for Your Fire Damage
If the unimaginable happens, SERVPRO of Greater Boulder will be there to help!
Too often in life, those things we think won’t happen...well, sometimes they do just that, they happen. The fires in our local Boulder, Colorado area have been nothing less than devastating. Our hearts and prayers go out to all of you who have been affected. Please know that we are here and we care. Let us help ease the burden of recovery; we'll bring the bags, the rags, the vacuums, the masks, and the paint…we'll help you get back. We offer exterior power washing slurry cleaning, interior smoke and odor air quality control, negative air machine rentals, carpet cleaning, ozone and hydroxyl treatments, contents cleaning, fire damage restoration/reconstruction and more!
If the unimaginable happens, we will be there to help. SERVPRO of Greater Boulder will send technicians who are experts in fire restoration. Soot and smoke damage are things we understand. Please be safe!
Call us at 303-494-2000 and we'll make it "Like it never even happened."